My Food Obsession

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

A New Beginning

So it's happened. I've moved. I'm now officially in the 415, but I'm keeping it real to my roots and sticking with my old cell phone number. 562, can ya hear me? Holla! w00t w00t!

I've now been in my new place for five nights now. It's weird making the transition out of my parents' home. So many things that I took for granted, like having a soy sauce pourer or a ladle. It's not that it can't be easily remedied, but it's just those things that are so simple and overlooked that you don't really appreciate their worth until you don't have them.

In addition to adjusting to life in a new apartment, I'm getting used to the whole unemployment situation. I told myself going into this that I wasn't going to put too much pressure on myself and enjoy this time. How often in your life do you get a large amount time off before retirement? (I don't want to hear it Julie!) I know once I start working that I'm going to wish that I wasn't. I think it's just the uncertainty of it all. But I'm trying to enjoy this, I really am.

I'll post pictures of the apartment soon so you can get an idea of what it looks like. Come and visit!

2 Comments:

  • LOL!!!!!

    Seriously though, I hope you're enjoying yourself!

    Looking forward to the pictures :)

    By Blogger Julie, at 10/04/2006 8:35 PM  

  • Can I sleep on your couch when I visit San Francisco in December? Hopefully your living room has heat.

    By Blogger Joel, at 10/08/2006 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home