My Food Obsession

Monday, February 27, 2006

All Stuffed Up

What's the point of eating if you can't taste? That's the question I posed this past weekend as I moped around, stuffed up and snotty with a cold.

For most of the weekend, I was so congested that I couldn't smell or taste a thing. Everything I put in my mouth tasted the same. Porridge is normally pretty boring. But it's even more boring when you can't even taste how boring it is. Chicken soup tastes like water which tastes like chocolate milk. At one point in the weekend, I was weak from starvation, and yet, I still didn't feel like eating. It was like a chore instead of a pleasure. I had to eat simply to allay the pain I was feeling in my stomach. It's a sad existence not being able to taste.

Now that my congestion has lessened, I'm gonna hunt me down a Girl Scout. It's cookie time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home