My Food Obsession

Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Poop Diaries

For most people that know me at least decently well, it is commonly known that one of my favorite topics of conversation is about poo. I've been hesitant to discuss it in this venue because I'm not exactly sure who's reading this. But after thinking about it, to deny myself to discuss poo is to deny all you readers of the true me.

So here is my first blog entry discussing poo. It's not totally unrelated, though do things really need to relate when talking about poo?

In my last entry, I mentioned the wonderfulness my instant oatmeal. My initial thoughts when beginning my breakfast regimen was two-fold; first I actually eat breakfast and second I get the fiber benefits. Being a person who suffers from chronic constipation, I'm willing to try almost anything to be regular. It was an added bonus that the stuff was actually tasty!

For most of the two weeks, I noticed no change in my poo pattern. I had been fortunate enough to be enjoying a fairly regular schedule and thus was not upset that I experienced no benefit from the oatmeal.

Today was my first day in almost two weeks that I haven't had oatmeal. Why you ask? Because the goodness of the oats softened my poo...to the extreme. Yes, I'm talking about THAT extreme. Three times in three days. The only thing I ate consistently over those days was the oatmeal. So today, I skipped breakfast like I had normally done.

And today, I didn't poo.

3 Comments:

  • So here's the question....how many times were you eating oatmeal a day? Was it just for breakfast? Or were you eating it at other points during the day?

    You know...they say that diarrhea is a method in which the body purges bad stuff from your system. Maybe you're just that toxic. You know...with your apple cores and fish bones.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/30/2006 8:31 AM  

  • Three times in three days isn't extreme. Now nine times in three days, THAT is extreme.

    By Blogger Julie, at 4/03/2006 10:29 PM  

  • I disagree fully. I sometimes go poo up to four times a day.

    Then again, I'm muscular and eat a lot of food.

    By Blogger Some Guy, at 1/10/2009 8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home