My Food Obsession

Monday, March 27, 2006

The Most Important Meal of the Day

I've started eating breakfast again.

Don't get me wrong. I love breakfast. It's one of my favorite meals of the day, along with dinner, lunch and snack. I love a good breakfast which ideally consists of two eggs over easy, a couple of pancakes and a few strips of crisp bacon. Depending on my mood, I may opt for an omelet or a waffle, french toast on occassion, can't forget buttered toast and biscuits, eggs benedict, and hell, even cereal.

It's just that, if you've read this post, you know that I'm really freaking lazy. I completely suck at mornings, barely getting into work 15 minutes late. So in order to save time, the first thing to I forego is breakfast, followed closely by the brushing of my hair. Makeup application is unheard of, a complete waste of my precious time that would be better spent sleeping.

But lately, after I noticing that my energy level in the morning was little more than nothing, probably because of the aching pain that was my empty stomach, I've resigned myself to eating breakfast. Not that it impedes my flustered dash to work. Now, thanks to Trader Joe's, I know enjoy McKenna's Irish Style Instant Oatmeal in Apple and Cinnamon at my desk in the mornings. A blog post hailing it's deliciousness will follow soon.

3 Comments:

  • Doesn't it just give you food coma?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2006 12:27 AM  

  • Are you finding that eating breakfast helps your poo?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2006 8:45 AM  

  • Mmmm...Luna Bars. I am partial to the Lemon Zest ones, myself. Eating breakfast definitely helps my poo. It starts the engine!

    By Blogger Felisa, at 3/29/2006 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home