My Food Obsession

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Foot in Mouth

This past Friday night, a few friends and I braved the rain and cold to attend a birthday party Tina threw for her fiance, Bill, at Dominick's. The dinner party was originally set to be about twenty people; it ended up to be more like 40!! The party turned out great. Tina even put together party favor bags with Dollar Bling Rings, Mint Kit Kats (they're like Thin Mints!!), and other goodies!

The food at Dominick's was great, as usual. For dessert, the restaurant has these really good fried ricotta fritters served alongside a chocolate dipping sauce. YUM. But because it was Bill's birthday, we had this awesome shoe... err... cake for dessert.

Dialogue between Tina and me
T: I was nervous the cake wasn't good.
S: How come?
T: I wanted lemon cake with rasberry filling, but the bakery said the filling needed to be stiffer. Instead they did lemon cake with lemon filling.
S: I thought it tasted great.
T: I was worried, thinking, "Is lemon on lemon a cake faux pas??... like denim on denim is to fashion????"
S: HEeeeeeEE!!

And later on in the night, sans alcohol mind you, I willingly posed for this flattering shot. Go me.


Tina says "Waxy Snot is Sexy!"

3 Comments:

  • Oh my god, you looked just like Daddy in that picture. And was the shoe the whole cake or was the shoe on a sheet cake? And did the shoe have actual cake in it? And why a shoe? Inquiring minds...

    By Blogger Felisa, at 12/08/2005 10:41 AM  

  • A shoe was not in the cake nor was there cake in a shoe. The shoe itself was the cake. It was a replica of Bill's sneaker that he loves.

    By Blogger stella, at 12/08/2005 7:07 PM  

  • Did Bill wear said sneaker to the party? What did he wear on the other foot?

    Was it bad to assume Bill has 2 feet???

    By Blogger Julie, at 12/15/2005 2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home