My Food Obsession

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Holiday Warm Fuzzies

What I really love about the holidays is spending time with friends and family. Unfortunately, this year my sister didn't make it home for Christmas. I think this was the first ever, but with marriage comes the holiday split between families. In addition to that, there was no extended family get-together for Christmas due to some drama that need not be discussed.

Maybe because the family time spent this year was at an extreme minimum, the scale tipped way over in favor of my friends. I don't think...actually I know...that I haven't seen my friends this frequently since high school when we'd spend a minimum of six hours together each day.

<--begin sappy sentimentality>
Most of my closest friends are from my high school days. Somehow over all these years, we've be able to keep in touch, despite that some of us live in far cities and farther states. Some of us are married, others are engaged, a bunch are coupled and then there are us perennially single folk. But even with all the changes in our lives and new significant others added to the group, we've managed to maintain the retarded and random sense of humor that makes me laugh so hard that I sometimes fear dying of asphyxiation in wet underpants.

We ended 2005 with a bang, complete with bike rides, trivia game show contest of the elementary schools (go Leal!) and two consecutive nights/mornings that ended at 5 a.m. Here's looking to a great 2006!!
<--end sappy sentimentality>

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home