My Food Obsession

Friday, December 16, 2005

Candy Maker

Take that one off the list of potential careers.

I am seriously hurting right now. I went to sleep yesterday at fucking 4 a.m. Doing what, you ask? DIPPING FUCKING CHOCOLATES. I started around 9 p.m. Between trying to keep the chocolate tempered, getting the optimal procedure for dipping the truffles down, dipping each one, ONE BY ONE, and packaging them, I spent a good six hours slaving over this project. Not to mention that in the process, I got melted chocolate on EVERY SINGLE SURFACE IMAGINABLE.

Sigh. I love chocolate*, I really do. But today (or maybe just a few hours), as I hurt from only 3 hours of sleep, I'm putting chocolate on my black list. Oh the pain.

*Dark Chocolate. Not milk and not that white shit. WHITE CHOCOLATE ISN'T CHOCOLATE!!!

2 Comments:

  • Did it not occur to you that you could just package them another night? Like, oh, say tonight? And how many truffles did you make?

    By Blogger Felisa, at 12/16/2005 11:05 AM  

  • I had to finish them last night because the co-workers who I intended to give them to are on vacation next week. I was supposed to do it on Wednesday night, but, as is typical of me, I fell asleep... at 8 p.m. Go me.

    By Blogger stella, at 12/16/2005 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home