My Food Obsession

Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Change Will Do You Good

Food is all about change. A simple change such as cooking temperature can make the difference between your fried chicken being soggy and greasy rather than crispy and juicy. Changing the method in which you combine flour, butter, salt and sugar can result in shortbread cookies or pie crust. The power to change and manipulate ingredients to affect the outcome is one of the things I love about food. It's a world of possibilities where the options are yours to choose.

Why, then, if I love the aspect of change in food, do I have so much difficulty with it in life? I'm not oblivious to the fact that life rarely stands still. But I've never been very good with quickly adapting to change, especially when it is not as a result of a decision of my own. Is it normal to be sad, to mourn the loss of what you had before? I have to think that it is.

I feel like I'm standing on a mountain peak and I can see so many changes ahead of me looming in the future. My job, my home, my relationships, my expectations, so much. Will I rise to the challenge?

Sheryl Crowe wouldn't lie...right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home